Sunday, February 13, 2011

Esteli Balcony Covers Series - Part 10: Endless Summer





To download the mp3... if you would like... (quality is much better)


This is a great theme for a legendary surf film from 1964 called, "The Endless Summer," which I just watched today actually, making me want to record a version of this song.  It was performed by The Sandals for the theme for the movie... This was one of the first things I remember learning on guitar... and has always been one of my favorite simple tunes.  The song gives you such a calming feeling of being on the beach and the waves... something truly ingrained into someone who came from Long Island... the beach is a necessity.  I recorded guitar and bass guitar this time... along with a bit of percussion made by slapping the side of my leg.  I felt like the title, "Endless Summer" is especially fitting as well, because leaving L.I. in October and being here since, completely dodging all the effects of the winter time and all that coldness... and coming back home to the warmth... this has really felt like an Endless Summer...


Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Wow. That was really good. U are a guitar pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome blog! I've discovered it a little bit late - but I think I'm all caught up. What an incredible experience. I wish I was in Nicaragua with you guys. Hope all is well and I hope to see you at pioneer school.

    ReplyDelete