Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Esteli Balcony Covers Series - Part 9: Middleman



 



To download the mp3... if you would like...


Well... its been a month since I've really recorded anything... finally managed to do a quick song though.  This is a first for me actually... I usually reject the idea of doing any songs from Jack Johnson, not because he's super popular or anything... but because it's kind of difficult to throw in some originality in a cover of it... So, in the end, you just end up trying to copy the man himself and his style and whatever... but... for the ninth part of the balcony covers series I decided to ditch all those ideas and just do a song that I usually would never do... I chose this one because I remember being a little dude, playing my Nintendo Gamecube, a game called Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, and this song was on the sound track... I think it's from his first album or something, and it's one of my favorites... just recorded a guitar and a voice, very simple... O and being that I finally got to go surfing last week in Costa Rica, I guess this song just seems to fit...

Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment