Monday, October 18, 2010

about Esteli...

hello friends,
Yea so this is Nicaragua... actually, this is the street I live on.  It's one road over from the Pan American Highway in the city of Esteli. 


And here's a little map I stole from Google images to show you where we are in relation with the rest of the country.  Here's some info about Esteli:
  1. We don't have the ocean...
  2. We are at a higher elevation and mountains surrounding us, so the climate is pretty comfortable.  And it actually gets pretty cool at night.
  3. About 2 hours north of the capital city of Managua
  4. Someone said it's the second largest city in Nicaragua, I don't know if that's true or not, but compared to towns back home, it's comparable to Quogue or something, just for a rough estimate.  So for Nicaragua it's a big town, but it's really not that big.

3 comments:

  1. Lianna and I agree with Lauren, "don't get shot" is a good policy to live by

    ReplyDelete
  2. epic story: was walking to my house and on the side of the street, this little punk kid takes out what looks like a gun and points it at me. He fires it, and sparks come flying out... and he started laughing... it freaked me out, and I wanted to beat that little kid down.

    ReplyDelete