Friday, November 19, 2010

Esteli Balcony Covers Series - Part 4: Only Good Memories

 



to download the mp3 ... if you would like...


Yea... so looks like I broke all the rules with this balcony covers series thing as far as this song goes...

Part Four of the Esteli Balcony Covers Series isn't technically a cover, and it wasn't technically recorded on the balcony, but I have reasons...

Only Good Memories is an original written by me and a few musically talented friends back home originally played in our acoustic band.  I started writing the acoustic guitar part way back in the Fall of '08... it's pretty old...and it came into completion sometime earlier this year, I can't remember...

The actual version of this song is performed by the whole acoustic band, and has been recorded already... currently being held hostage by a Mr. D. Huber... and that version is a million times better than my empty, boring take of it... In that way, I can justify that this can be classified as a cover of our real version (with much better singing I should add, let me rephrase that... WAY better singing... and these originals are intended for harmonizing female vocalists...but nonetheless, I gave it a shot... so don't make fun of me! ... Kristen & Sierra).  So, you're just hearing the cover before the original ... hate doing things backwards... haha

And lastly, why did I not record on our nice balcony?  Well, one day while sitting there, I look up... and...

...o my goodness...find the most beastly bees nest in the corner...so until that's taken care of, I'm not too much of a fan of the balcony...

that's it... enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment