Monday, November 29, 2010

Esteli Balcony Covers Series - Part 5: A Horse With No Name





to download the mp3 ... if you would like...


Part Five of the Esteli Covers Series (notice how I didn't put balcony... we still have stinkin' bees out there) is...., "A Horse With No Name," by America.  Just recently, this song popped into my head... and remembering that it was the very first song I actually can recall getting hooked on (along with "You Can Call Me Al," by Paul Simon, which is another amazing song).  I have my parents to thank for my earliest experiences with music, bringing so many great songs into the house, such as from the Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, and The Eagles, to name a few.... I remember distinctly, being eight years old, sitting at the dining room table, hijacking my dad's shiny, new walkman and playing a cd containing this very song, and listening to it over and over until I got bored of it.

So, this is one of America's first biggest hits from the '70's.  After listening to this song for the first time since I was a wee lad, I was confused, because it sounded identical to Neil Young's music... I found out later, that a big part of America's inspiration was Neil Young... it sounds a lot like him, but is a completely different dude.  My cover of the song is really simple, of course, with just an acoustic guitar, and I kept it in the same key...

En  ........  joy

No comments:

Post a Comment